Friday, February 4, 2011

Loving my life

So I am starting to get a little sad as I am due to go back to work here at the end of February. The 23rd to be exact, I just think how much I am going to miss being at home with my two wonderful children. I am going to miss moments like this...
And this...And this...Evelynn is already sleeping in pretty long stretches for me at night. She will go for 4-5 hours and then another 4-5 hours which is letting me catch up on my sleep and feel very refreshed in the morning. Oh I forgot to mention that she is sleeping in her crib too! That did take about a week or so of screaming fits. We would let her cry in her crib at night for anywhere from 5 minuets to 15 minuets depending on how hard she was crying and how much crying we could listen to that night. Then Dan finally figured out how she liked to be "wrapped up" and that was that she has been sleeping wonderfully for us. That is until she goes through her next growth spurt, then she will be up every couple of hours again.

Darren is taking after Dan's love of Star Wars, and of course Dan is loving every minute of it. Pretty sure Dan is reliving his childhood through Darren. We will be out and he will see something and he'll say lets get this for Darren, in his head I hear him say "that way I can play with it too". I don't mind though it is pretty cool to watch Dan and Darren bond even if it is over Star Wars.As for Dan and I, we are struggling to find a balance between taking care of the kids and having time together. We will have been married for 5 years already with our anniversary in May. I can't believe it has been 5 years already, time has gone by so fast! We do have plans to put a play room in the basement to make more room for the kids. As they are slowly taking over the house. I am really looking forward to having this finished so we can have our living room back again. Dan has big plans to possible have it finished by March. But I do know that things like this can take a lot longer then planned. So I am just hoping it is done for summer because it will be cooler down there to play.

Evy's baptism is going to be February 20th, and you are all invited to come and share this day with us. We will be having a brunch at our house around 12:00 that Sunday. Come and meet Evelynn and share this day with us.

No comments: